For those who enjoy gambling online, many will agree that black jack is one of the most fun and rewarding games, once you’ve mastered how to play. On the surface, it may seem like quite a simple game, but it is actually fairly complex. For new players, it’s well worth remembering this when you get started, so that you don’t get ahead of yourself.
We’ve put some additional tips together for how to get the most out of one of the most popular online casino offerings.
General tips and tricks
Avoid listening to players, or reading articles on black jack that claim to ‘always’ do this, or ‘never’ do that. At the end of the day, gambling is unpredictable and will be down largely to luck. However, with that in mind, here are some general tips and tricks to get you started, and to help you slowly improve your game.
• If you are dealt a pair of 8s or Aces, it’s advised that you should split them. A pair of 8s totals 16, and therefore it is the worst blackjack hand
• And vice versa; a pair of 10-value cards totals 20. This is a really good hand to have
• A hand with a point value of 17 or more is risky to hit, because you can bust quickly after
• Never be tempted to ‘invest’ in buying insurance. The Insurance bet works to the house advantage, and therefore can’t (and won’t) help you to win
• Always hit when you have a hand totals 11 or less because you can’t go bust from this hand
• Don’t stick to the ‘dealer rules.’ Dealers must hit on 16 and stand on 17. You don’t have to follow this rule. Don’t think the dealer and the player has equal rights. If both the player and the dealer bust, the dealer wins
General online gambling tips
As with any online casino game, there are some basic principles you should adopt when playing black jack.
• Don’t bet big during a losing streak. Decrease your wagers. Bet more during a winning streak. If you match your bets to your current streak, you draw the odds closer to your favour and away from the house
• Don’t try to win back losses with one big bet
• When you have had a really lucky day, or even an ordinary winning streak, immediately cash in
• Keep an eye on your cash flow at all times, and make sure you never bet more than you can comfortably afford to lose